The ceiling, which is often known as the fifth wall in a room needs equal attention as the others. So, whenever you are selecting a color for your walls do not forget the fifth one at the top which you gaze all night during happy and not so happy moments of your life.
There are multiple ways in which you can decorate your bedroom ceilings.
I) Color of the Ceiling: it is always a good idea to tease the eyes with a contrast between the four walls and the fifth one at the top.
· A light colored ceiling is a usual preferred taste amongst people, only the ones who like to experiment with their décor and arrangements usually like to color the top ceiling with bold and bright colors.
II) Size of the Room: The size, placement and the cut of the room plays and imperative role in defining how much decor should go on the top.
· A clean cut rectangular room can be easily divided into 2 separate sections with multi layered false ceiling that are dim lit at the sides and heavy lit at the center with a big royal chandelier.
· An attic bedroom ceiling can be layered with wooden or marble cut blocks to make it look big and have a free air flow.
III) Symmetry: The Ceiling décor and the floor decor symmetry should always go hand in hand, with the Bed centrally placed in the middle of the room and roof divided into similar yet separate cut pieces of decoration.
IV) If the ceiling is done with gypsum, it offers even better light flow to the entire room.
V) A rounded false modern ceiling can totally match a rounded oval bed both placed in opposite directions to add contrast to the bedroom.
VI) Plaster of Paris ceiling are loved worldwide and accepted by all. Some of the ways to use POP for decorating are shared below.
· Decorate your ceiling with low hanging popped-out false roofs with POP geometrical designs. You can use hanging lights in a corner with heavy decorated fans in the middle
· POP Honey comb design patterns on the top with small dim lights would add more space to your bedroom
· Big rounded and bright colored glass paintings at the ceiling with lights at the background can add a very graceful look to your bedroom ceiling
· A day or a night view of the universe. Or a galaxy themed wallpaper or paint can make the entire room look larger than life.
· Dark themed ceiling with receding/hanging lights on the sides of the pillow tops can add a lot of symmetry giving your bedroom a very graceful look. One can also try a rectangular or a square based low hanging fan in the middle of the room.